Monday, February 16, 2015

#MicroblogMonday: the Hugs

"One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all your broken pieces stick back together"
~Author unknown

Hugs have become a common occurrence in our household. Whether it be the end of the day, following middle-of-the-night wake-ups, greetings in the morning or simply moments for no reason. The power of a hug to relieve anxiety, uncertainty and sadness is truly impressive. The peace that you can find in an embrace; the feeling arms wrapped around you. Knowing that no matter what is wrong with the world, in that moment everything is okay.



Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

11 comments:

  1. You've made me smile with this post, thinking of some of the awesome hugs (actual and virtual) I've received recently.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big hugger, but you're right, a hug sometimes is the only thing you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post...our family is big into hugs as well. M is learning quickly...one of his books ends with the line "Big Hugs Now"...when you say that to him he comes running to you for a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I feel like I've been hugged too.

    It's why I hate seeing the advent of the social hug - not so prevalent in NZ, but I see it all the time on US TV! I feel it devalues the hug, taking it from something restorative to something perfunctory. I love that it is still very much restorative in your home.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Such a warm feeling...and I love the quote. Hugs are definitely healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs are great! And they are like snowflakes--each with its own feeling, context and meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids ask me: "mama, can I have a hug?" I don't remember ever asking my parents for one, nor having that be a "thing" in our house ... so I feel grateful every time they say it, both that they know how to communicate about that, and that they know that they'll always get an "of course." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Hugs to you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved