Monday, October 2, 2017

#MicroblogMondays: Metanoia

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

Metanoia: a transformation or change of heart. Usually in the spiritual sense.

This past weekend was a beautiful one. The rain on Saturday set the stage for a crisp, clear Sunday. With autumn in the air, Grey and I decided to venture out to the harbor in order to take in the scenery and run the Beats.




And even though this is not home, the peace that came from being by this ocean and seeing the islands in the distance helped bring about a transformation in my heart. We're here for a purpose and though this beauty is foreign, it's still beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely post. I feel it's so important to appreciate the beauty around us. Important because it is calming and restorative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this a lot. Peace with where you're at (physically I mean, as in looking at a place, drinking it in and feeling its beauty & tranquility in your soul etc) is becoming one of my major preoccupations. More and more I want to get away to places like this. I used to worry because I live far away from family and friends and I thought that nowhere would be satisfying because of that, but all I want to do these days is escape to the sea (especially) or the country and get away from the grimness of the city. I love oceans, islands; I feel like I need to retreat to a wild island for a while.
    Thanks for metanoia, I'd never heard this word/concept before; I hope I'm undergoing it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That third shot is reminiscent of my hometown, and I can completely relate to the sense of peace that view brings. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the clear sky, blue waters and green lush! Its brings a sense of peace in reader thoughts instantaneously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!

    At Mel's suggestion a few years ago, we boarded a ferry in the harbor and spent a day on one of the harbor islands. I think it was Georges. We made some fun memories with the kids that day, just like you did.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved