Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The space between

The cursor has been blinking back at me all morning. Despite the mountain of work I have to do, the words fail to flow and efforts to chip away at the walls seem quickly to be undone.

It doesn't help that my body is tired, causing my brain to feel foggy and heavy. Filled to the brim with no way to drain. And yet, drain it must. Drain in order to be filled again, with ideas and plans modified so as to continue striving for an ever-moving end goal.

Next week I begin my last round of lectures. For the most part, the slides are done and I have an idea of what I want to talk about (one lecture slide needs to be finished and the paper read). But I'm struggling to get the motivation to do this last round of polishing. Of getting my act together enough to make sure I bring my "A" game to lecture. Part of it is normal: polishing too far in advance means I'm overcooked when its time to present. But the other part is that after these lectures, my obligations are technically over, leaving me free to put my energy into building these new opportunities and pushing for changed.

Easier said than done given that nothing is solidified and pushing on things seems not to have had much of an effect.

This space between is mentally trying. The remembering that what I'm leaving behind, though it has served me well, no longer fits. Even though there's still this primal drive to go back to what would be comfortable. To climb back into the nest instead of braving the fall.







3 comments:

  1. I wish you well during this transition time, as you leave one thing behind and move toward your next thing. May the journeys be easy. Flying, not falling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best during this move. I'm sure you have so much going on. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transitions are so hard. I love how you honor this in-between place in this post so eloquently. Good luck with your final lectures, and I wish you so much happiness and success with your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved