Monday, December 18, 2017

#MicroblogMondays: Driven to distraction

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere."
~ Glenn Turner

I'm officially in the "not thinking about it" stage of limbo. There's currently too many balls in the air and next to nothing I can do about it. Applying for jobs seems futile given I don't know what's happening with Grey's situation and I'm feeling extremely unmotivated to make future plans. 

So instead, I've been distracting myself, just as I did 6 years ago when all in the world was uncertain. Filling my time with teaching the Beats how to peel apples for pies, focusing on writing an advertisement for the course E and I will be running, preparing for a final learning lab  program and, most importantly, getting Jaxson a Christmas tree to sit under. 


All while reminding myself in those moments where it all seems overwhelming that we've done all this before, surviving it best when the focus has been shifted from all that could go wrong to all that could come from it.


Besides, I've already worn out one rocking chair. Plus Grey reminds me it's hard to enjoyed mulled wine while engaging in nonsensical repetitive activities.

5 comments:

  1. I love the rocking chair quote. How true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're not worrying. When I discovered that I could (kind of) learn to put aside my worries, and deliberately think of other things, my life changed! Lots of other seasonal things to do, and I'm glad you're enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so true. Love that rocking chair quote. It's hard not to worry and obsess while in limbo, but I'm glad you are able to enjoy the mulled wine and the tree for Jaxson and just being present in the moment. I also love this quote: "All while reminding myself in those moments where it all seems overwhelming that we've done all this before, surviving it best when the focus has been shifted from all that could go wrong to all that could come from it." Amen. Love that shift in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let nothin get in the way of mulled wine. That's what I always say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd not heard that rocking chair quote before, and I love it! I think I need to get it tattooed all over my body, so I don't forget it. :P

    Limbo is miserable, but it sounds like you're dealing with it in the best way possible. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts, and sending the brightest blessings your way. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved